Financial / Budget Analyst
Overview: In collaboration with the Principal, Assistant to the Principal, and Advancement Director, develops and implements goals, policies, and procedures relating to the financial management of Sister Thea Bowman Catholic School.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to gather and analyze financial data and integrate it with the strategic plan.
- Ability to complete projects on time and in a complete fashion.
- Ability to speak and write in a clear, concise manner.
- With guidance from the Diocese of Belleville and school administrators, prepares the school’s annual operating budget of approximately $1.2 million.
- Receives and analyzes monthly financial reports, prepares cash phasing plans, and recommends corrective action, when necessary. Conducts monthly budget review meetings with Sister Thea administrative staff and diocesan financial staff.
- Provides periodic financial reports and analysis to the Advisory Board.
- Assists in preparing financial and administrative reports. Checks, corrects, and maintains financial and other business records and documents.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to school administrators and the Advisory Board on financial policies and procedures.
- In addition to the preparation and oversight of Sister Thea’s annual operating budget, oversees Sister Thea’s implementation of federally funded budget programs, such as the CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program, the Elementary and Secondary Education School Emergency Relief (ESSER) fund, and the Emergency Assistance to Non-Public Schools (EANS) fund. Collectively, these programs encompass almost $1 million and require recurring detailed analysis to ensure compliance with federal guidelines.
- Acts as the coordinator for the Sister Thea Bowman Catholic School Endowment Fund. Duties include organizing periodic advisory board meetings, preparing deposit forms for the transfer of funds to the Catholic Community Foundation, tracking the receipt of endowment fund donations, and making recommendations concerning the disposition of endowment fund assets.
- Serves as the school’s chief budget / financial advisor for special projects.
- May initiate new procedures in budget/accounting/business systems.
- Closely coordinates budget projections and financial results with the school’s Advancement Director to ensure optimal use of resources. Additionally, tracks and reports financial results for various advancement projects and fund-raising events, to include, but not limited to:
- Financial results from the annual benefit dinner / auction
- The sale of MEGA Raffle tickets
- Annual Fund appeal outreach
- Each One / Teach One tuition assistance program
- Empower Illinois / Invest in Kids program
- Contributes to school goals by accomplishing related duties, as required.